The Access Resource Centre is committed to creating and maintaining physical, intellectual and social access to the University for students with disabilities. The mandate of the Access Resource Centre is to assist in reducing the physical, attitudinal and systemic barriers faced by students with disabilities. The Access Resource Centre is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations for students so that such persons may be included in all aspects of the University experience.
The Access Resource Centre (ARC) provides services for students with documented disabilities, including but not limited to:
- Chronic health issues
- Hearing and visual impairments
- Learning disabilities and attention deficit/hyperactivity disorders
- Mental health and neurological disabilities
- Mobility and other physical disabilities
- Temporary impairments related to significant illness or injury
Student services include:
- Prospective student information
- Assessment of student needs
- Academic accommodation letters
- Assistive?technology and services coordination
- Grant and funding opportunities for eligible students
- Information and referral
Students with disabilities who would like to receive access and academic accommodations through the ARC need to self-identify and?register with the centre.
Office is closed to in-person?meeting until further notice due to COVID-19. Please email us if you would like to make a remote?appointment.
The ARC is located in the Teaching & Learning Centre in Room 10-1048. Regular office hours during fall and winter semesters are Monday to Friday 8:30 am to 12:00 pm and 1:00 pm to 4:30 pm. Please note that we are closed from 12:00 noon to 1:00 pm with the exception of students who are writing exams during that time. Contact our office to inquire about summer hours.